Sunday, November 4, 2012

Good salty snack food, to eat while watching football, (could also be eaten while watching futbol, I'd reckon)

There is no joy in Mudville, but there is in Mud Bog Racing...


I haven't been here in a minute. Since February, in fact, so ok, a long minute. I was just eating some chex mix that I got at the Safeway, when I started thinking about spap oop. Spap oop is doo dads upside down. So I googled it, and guess what, a list of shit came up. Imagine that. The one I clicked on went to a blog that (apparently) doesn't exist anymore, called "The Constant Observer" http://spap-oop.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2012-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&updated-max=2013-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&max-results=3 There's a link to it.
 I read what she had to say about spap oop, and then I went and read some of her other posts. I found it interesting. I then went to leave a comment on the first one I had read, about spap oop. I don't know if it will post up there or not, since it says that all comments must be moderated. But anyway, it was suggested that commedian Rich Hall (Not Necessarilly The News) was the originator of spap oop. Not so. I know for a fact that he didn't come up with it. My dad was saying spap oop in the early '70s. NNTN didn't come out until the mid 80s. I hope that clears things up, although it likely muddies up the water some more, don't it. (?)

 Well, whatever the case may be, I now have a half a bag of chex mix left, and a half a bag of doritos, and a case of sodapop, and I'm gonna go watch the Steelers beat up on the Giants, (hopefully) in about twenty minutes. Football ain't the be-all & end-all of everything like it used to be. Professional sports in general have deteriorated into mass-marketing events. A bunch of millionaires getting outrageously overpaid to play games that used to be played for the enjoyment. A microcosm of what's wrong with today's socioty. {I spell socioty this way on purpose, somewhat smartassedically. The first part is socio, as in sociopath...} I dig social commentary, even when it is just rhetoric and bullshit that I don't agree with.

Opinions are like assholes. Here's mine. (My opinion, not my asshole.) Hahahahahahahaha! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment